Facebook is one of the best social media websites on the internet. If you already created a Facebook account or a Facebook page of your own, you can call yourself one of the billion FB users. Like any other service, Facebook also has some advantages and disadvantages. Which means you may face problems with Facebook as well. In such situations, if a friend is creating problems, you could unfriend him or if the problem is very serious, you could permanently remove your Facebook account. You could also consider some Facebook alternatives to solve the issue.
If the problem is very basic such as deleting all Facebook messages at once, there is no need to step into complex procedures. By default, Facebook doesn’t allow users to remove all messages at once on Facebook. Instead, you have to remove individual messages one by one. For those who have a very large number of inbox messages to remove, this might not be that easy. So, in such situations, it is necessary to find a way to delete all FB messages at once. That’s why we wrote this article to help you out with this problem.
Methods to Delete All Facebook Messages at Once
To delete Facebook messages all at once, there are a few methods you could try. Some of them may work and some of them may not. But from our experience, most of them are working perfectly to solve the issue. Also, be sure to follow the same order as in this article. So, without further introduction, here is how to delete all Facebook messages at once.
Method 1. Using the Facebook – Delete All Messages Extension
There is an extension for Chrome available that bulk delete messages on Facebook. All you have to do is install the extension and use it in the right way as shown below.
- Download and install the extension by following the download link below
- Login to your Facebook account where you want to delete messages in bulk
- After logging in, navigate to the Inbox where you could see the previous conversations
- Now, click the extension icon given at the Chrome toolbar. It will show a top bar above your inbox with the options to delete all messages.
- Before deleting the messages all at once, make sure to archive any important messages by simply hovering the mouse over the message, clicking the Settings wheel, and then selecting the option Archive that message.
- When you are ready to remove FB messages, click the Begin Deletion button at the top. It will clear all your Inbox.
If you face any problems with the extension while using it, you could run it in the Compatibility Mode by clicking on the button given at the top bar.
Method 2. Using Message Cleaner Extension
Message cleaner is yet another Google Chrome extension which allows to clear all Facebook messages at once. Just install it on your Chrome and use it for the purpose. If you need a detailed instruction on how to use it, here it is.
- Download the extension from Chrome extension store and install it
- Login to your FB profile and navigate to the Inbox
- After reaching the messages section, click the extension icon in the toolbar
- It will bring a window with a big round button tagged “Click to Analyze”
- Clicking on the button will start analyzing your FB messages prior to deletion
- After the analyzing completed, click the same button saying “Click to Clean” and it will start deleting your Facebook messages instantly.
Method 3. Facebook Fast Delete Messages Extension
This one is another extension which you can utilize for deleting the Facebook messages quickly. The functionality is almost same as in the above extensions. Here is how to use it.
- Download it and install on your browser
- Login to the FB account
- Navigate to the Messages section of your profile
- In addition to the normal buttons, you could see a couple more buttons are added to the screen above the messages. They will be tagged Delete All and the other one is just a red close icon.
- Click the Delete All button to completely remove the messages in your FB inbox. It will immediately remove them as we have seen in the above examples.
Individually Deleting FB Messages
If any of the above methods didn’t work for you, you might have to go for the official method to removing the messages one by one. If you have a small number of messages to delete, you could do that using this method. However, if you could spend some time, you can easily remove all the messages within a short period of time. So, here is how to individually delete FB messages.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Go to the messages section
- Hover the conversation that you want to delete
- Click on the Gear icon
- Select Delete from the drop down
That’s it. You have successfully removed that specific FB conversation. You can do this for any message as you like.
Using Mobile Applications to Delete Facebook Messages
While the browser extensions for Chrome indeed offer a handy solution for deleting all your Facebook messages at once on a computer, mobile users might find themselves at a bit of a loss. However, the good news is that certain mobile applications can help you manage and delete your Facebook messages.
Messenger Cleaner – Delete All Messages
Messenger Cleaner is an application available for Android users. The app presents a straightforward method to wipe out all your Facebook messages in a single stroke. The following steps outline how to use the app:
- Begin by downloading the Messenger Cleaner app from the Google Play Store.
- After installation, start the app and sign in using your Facebook details.
- Simply tap on the “Erase All Messages” button, and watch as the app swiftly purges all your conversations.
Remember, as with any application that requires your Facebook credentials, use this app responsibly.
Cleaner for Facebook (Discontinued)
Cleaner for Facebook is another Android app that allows users to manage their Facebook activity, including deleting messages.
To use this app, follow these steps:
- Download and install Cleaner for Facebook from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and log in to your Facebook account.
- Navigate to “Messages” and select “Delete All Messages.”
Note: These mobile applications only work if you give them permission to access your Facebook data. Before using any of these apps, make sure you understand what data you’re allowing the app to access.
Deleting Messages from the Facebook Messenger App
Though the official Facebook Messenger app doesn’t support the mass deletion of messages, you can still delete individual messages relatively quickly.
Here’s the step-by-step guide:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger application on your smartphone.
- Select the chat that holds the messages you intend to remove.
- Long press on a specific message and a menu will appear.
- Select “Remove” from the options, and then tap “Remove for Everyone” or “Remove for You,” depending on your preference.
Remember, if you select “Remove for Everyone,” the message will be deleted for all parties in the conversation, and you cannot undo this action.
Common questions regarding deleting the FB messages altogether
Here are some of the best questions asked more often related to removing FB messages altogether. If you have any doubts in your mind, you may find the answer to it in this section.
How do I delete all of my Facebook messages on my phone?
If you want to individually delete the messages on your phone, you may be able to do that. But once it comes to deleting the messages entirely, you may have to use a computer for that. Because most of the methods for deleting FB messages all at once are working using an extension. As smartphones don’t support them, you should have a computer browser to enable them. So, when it comes to removing all the messages at the same time, you should use a computer.
Can I recover deleted messages?
No. You will not be able to recover the deleted messages. So, before deleting any of your messages, make sure that you really don’t need them anymore. Or go for the individual message-deleting instead of clearing all of them at once.