So, you want to open Facebook using Google? No wonder, since they are both among the most popular websites on the Internet. It also feels nice to use the latest technology advancements to feel sort of like Iron Man. In reality, the process is fairly simple and available on all Android devices. And, if you don’t feel like talking, you can always text. Both ways will get you the thing you asked the Google Assistant to do. After all, it’s there to serve you and respect your preferences. With that said, here’s how to make the command okay Google open Facebook work.
A simple command – okay Google open Facebook!
Wondering how to open Facebook using Google Assistant? This option is the best, since it can be done hands-free, and used when you are multitasking.
- Touch and hold the Home button on your smartphone. It’s usually the middle button on the bottom of your phone, in the shape of an ellipse or circle.
- After a second or two, a pop-up window will appear from the bottom. Unless you say anything, it will transform into a chat window.
- Type open Facebook when asked Hi, how can I help?
- You will get a response like this: Opening: Facebook if successful.
- Use your voice and say Okay Google or Hey Google in the vicinity of your unlocked smartphone.
- If the sound alerts are enabled, you will hear a single beep. A pop-up window will appear on-screen.
- Say open Facebook.
- The Google Assistant will reply Opening: Facebook either through chat or voice, usually both.
How to talk to Google Assistant with a locked phone
The steps above still require you to unlock your phone before giving a voice or chat command. When your hands are busy, you might not have this privilege. Do this to make Google Assistant unlock the phone when it recognizes your voice.
- Use your voice and say Okay Google or Hey Google.
- Once a pop-up window appears, tap on the icon in the bottom right corner. It might look like a compass or three horizontal lines.
- In the top right corner, tap on your profile picture or icon.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on the Assistant tab.
- Scroll down until you see the headline Assistant devices.
- Select your smart device.
- Ensure that Hey Google and Google Assistant are both enabled.
- Turn on the Unlock with Voice Match option.
How to open Facebook using Google Chrome
This works on computers running Windows, Linux, or macOS, as well as smart devices using Android and iOS. To clarify, on Android, Google Chrome is pre-installed. For other operating systems, you need to download Google Chrome. Or, simply visit the respective App Store and search for it.
- On Windows, press the Windows logo key on the keyboard, type “Google Chrome”, and open it.
- On macOS, Linux, and iOS, the app will appear in the app drawer or the Dock. It might also be called Chrome instead of Google Chrome.
- Go to the address bar. It’s an empty textbox line underneath the name of the tab. On mobile devices, the address bar will be at the top of the window.
- Type “facebook.com” (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.
- Click this Facebook link to be redirected there.