A Facebook page is a public profile for businesses, celebrities, brands, causes, and other organizations to reach their audience efficiently. Instead of having friends on regular Facebook accounts, a Facebook page can earn likes and fans. For a business that wants to place an identity online, building a Facebook fan base can help to a great extent. In addition, the Facebook pages also allow users to directly leave messages to the admin making easier communication possible.
To create a Facebook page, you should have created your Facebook account. In other words, you can’t create Facebook pages without creating a personal account on Facebook. So create one and follow these instructions to signup for a Facebook page for your brand or business.
Steps to Create a Facebook Page
- Go to the Facebook page creation section. Make sure you’re logged in to the account you want to become an administrator on.
- Now choose a Page category that fits your business the most. You can choose between Community or Public Figure or Business or Brand.
- Click the Get Started button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the FB page creation.
- Enter a name and select the sub-categories to specify your brand the most.
Note. Facebook offers a plethora of choices, e.g., Travel Company, eCommerce Business, Restaurant, and so on. Pick the correct one immediately since Facebook will apply a page template that lets you enter relevant information and shows your visitors the data they need.
- Click the Create Page button, then select Done.
Cool, right? Now you have successfully created an FB social media page. But we are not done yet. To let people recognize your business or to make an online identity, you have to set up certain things. Moreover, unlike normal FB accounts, Facebook pages can do a lot more for an engaging audience. You could easily drive tons of traffic to your business website to earn more. We will provide other steps you must do after signing up for the Facebook page in a moment.
Add Basic Information About Your Facebook Page
When somebody visits your page, you have to tell them what your page is all about and how they can reach you. For this, adding some crucial information is necessary. To edit the information on your Facebook page, follow these steps:
- Go to your page.
- You will see a list of tabs on the left side like this:
- Click on the About tab, and you will be taken to a screen like this.
- Click on “Edit page info” link at the top right side of the about section.
- Now a popup where you could type your page info will show up. You could enter the details such as page description, your website, phone number, email address, etc.
- After changing the info, close the popup.
You can see the added details on your page as well as in your about section. Now onwards, when someone visits your page, they will get a basic idea of your business and can easily contact you.
How to Invite People to Like a Facebook Page
The Facebook page is successfully created, and it is time to earn some popularity for your page. In most cases, the reputation of a brand is significantly impacted by social engagement. So, engaging your audience and earning more and more Facebook followers is a must. Facebook ads are a good way to promote your page by spending some real money. We will cover more about FB ads in our following articles. For now, let’s begin with inviting your existing friends to like the newly created page.
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Click on the three dots next to the “Share” button.
- Click on “Invite Friends” option in the drop-down menu.
- Now a popup showing all your friends will open up. Click the “Invite” button next to each person to invite them to like your page.
That’s it. As soon as they get your invitation for liking your business page, they will do it. For the best conversion ratio, it is always recommended to invite people who might like your business. Earning targeted friends is one of the most important factors determining the popularity of your Facebook page.
Invite Users That React to Your FB Page Posts
Facebook transitioned from friend-only groups and does its best to suggest public groups to as many interested people. Thus, there’s a chance people saw and reacted to your group’s posts before scrolling. Since it would be a shame to lose interested users, Facebook lets you easily invite people who reacted to your posts by using emotes:
- After logging in to Facebook, select your profile photo in the upper right corner.
- Choose the See all Profiles option, then pick your newly created Facebook page.
- After opening the page, find the desired post.
- Select the reactions section above the post, and you’ll see a list of people that reacted.
- Click the Invite button next to the person’s name.
Some users dislike the so-called New Pages experience. If you’re one of those, and you decide to switch to Classic Pages, you have to go to the Page option in the left-hand menu of your Facebook feed. After selecting the desired page, follow steps 3 through 5 we mentioned above.
How to Promote Your FB Page and Website
If you failed to earn that many friends and reach out to FB users organically, there is a promotion option provided by Facebook. The idea is simple. If you can spend a good amount on ads, you could easily reach thousands of people all around the globe. From our experience, Facebook ads are fantastic to establish an authoritative online business. Once used wisely, FB ads can yield great results even on a limited budget. However, we recommend testing different possibilities by spending limited amounts on the people you target.
Facebook ads allow you to choose the targeted audience by Country, Interest, Age, Gender, etc. So, you could reach the desired audience much easier. The amount for running the ads is on a per-like or per-click basis. So, you will never lose a penny without yielding the result. To create your first FB ad, just follow these steps.
- Go to your FB page.
- Click on the Promote button on the left side of the page.
- Choose your need. Click on “Get more website visitors” to earn visitors directly to your website. Click on “Promote your Page” to earn page likes.
- The FB ad setup screen will show up.
- Select the desired audience and interests from the left side. As a quick tip, the less developed countries will provide you with more conversion rates for your money.
- Set your daily budget and period to run the ad. Also, edit the ad if needed.
- Click on the “Promote” button to confirm the promotion.
- When asked “How would you like to grow your business?” choose an appropriate option among Get a Custom Advertising Plan, Boost a Post, Promote Your Page, Promote Your Business Locally, and so on.
- Customize the ad image and text. Facebook suggests a good example for your page type.
- Pick the target demographics based on the metrics we mentioned.
- Configure what your budget is, both total and daily. Customize the ad duration of the ad, either via the number of days or from a calendar.
- Optional. If you’re using Facebook Pixel, enable the eponymous option under “Tracking Conversions”.
- Enter your payment information.
- After paying for the ad, select the Promote button. The Facebook team will review it, and your ad should start running in a few minutes.
It wasn’t so difficult to create a Facebook page and promote it, was it? Also, have a look at our best social media website picks.