YouTube is the largest video-sharing website owned by Google. With millions of hours of videos, YouTube has probably the biggest collection of videos on the whole internet. As per the reports, every minute around 150,000 videos and 500,000+ hours of video is being uploaded to YouTube. Thus, you can guess how big this video-sharing site is. Some famous YouTube stars such as PewDiePie make a good amount from advertising and sponsorships on YouTube. Let’s come to that in a later article. For now, let’s create a YouTube account for you.
It is incredibly easy to signup for a YouTube account. Essentially, you must create a Google account to start using YouTube. As mentioned in the article, the whole Google universe can be accessed using a single account. Therefore, you can go and make one by following the steps given in that article. We hope you did. If not, we will demonstrate the steps for creating a YouTube account. Otherwise, we will show you how to sign in to YouTube using the Google/Gmail account you have.
Create a YouTube Account on a Computer
Based on the device you are using, the steps for signing up for the YouTube account are a little different. So, follow the steps according to the type of device and platform you are using. We will begin with YouTube account creation on a desktop computer:
- Visit the YouTube website.
- In the top right, click Sign in. If you are already signed in to your Google account, YouTube will automatically sign you in. If not, enter the email ID and password for Google.
- If you don’t have a Google account, create one by clicking on Create account option in the bottom left corner.
- Select the For my personal use, For my child, or For work or my business option depending on the type.
- Enter your first and last name in the first two fields.
- Type your e-mail address in the text field below. You can still change your mind and select Create a new Gmail address instead.
- Type your password in both boxes below and select Show password if you need to confirm they’re identical.
- Select Next.
- Confirm your e-mail address by entering the verification code sent to your email. Click Next.
- After typing the verification code, you’ll be asked to enter a phone number for your account.
- Type the 6-digit code sent as an SMS and you’ll proceed to enter your personal details such as gender, recovery email address, date of birth, and more.
- After selecting Next, then I agree after reading the terms of service.
- You can now view the YouTube account profile image in the top right corner. Click it and go to Your channel.
- Take note of the URL for the YouTube channel that was also created YouTube.com/channel/some-string-of-numbers-and-letters. You can also replace the profile picture by clicking the circle with a photo camera inside. You can also go to the YouTube Handle page and pick a custom handle for your account.
Using an Android Device to Create a YouTube Account
You can also make a YouTube account on your Android device by following these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on Android.
- Tap the user profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select Add account.
- If you don’t have an account, tap the Create account option to begin making your Google account. The rest is identical to making an account in your browser on a computer. Otherwise, log in with your e-mail address and phone.
YouTube Account Creation Procedure on iOS
The steps are the same for iOS. For your reference, we are repeating them quickly:
- Launch or download the YouTube app on iOS.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Tap Sign in. Give it the necessary permissions to open the pop-up in a new tab or window.
- Create an account if you don’t have one. Otherwise, log in with your Google account.
That’s it, now you are successfully logged in to the YouTube account. You can watch videos on YouTube even without an account. But signing in will let you enjoy YouTube features such as Like, Subscribe, Watch Later, Shorts, and Watch History.
How to Create a YouTube Business Account
In the recent steps, we talked about creating a personal account for your basic needs. Now, what about a business? Is it ok to create a normal account for your business? Not if it stays that way. There are a few things you have to think about before creating a YouTube account for businesses. Most business owners will aim for a YouTube channel branded with their business name that is unique and easy to discover. Thus, the first thing you have to do is select a distinct, catchy channel name that attracts the right kind of audience. Yes, there might be a lot of channels with the same name.
Then, it is recommended to provide your business email while creating the Google account. You can find more details in the aforementioned article on creating a Gmail account. After signing up for the Google account, follow the same steps as given above to sign in. Now, it is time to set up a channel for your business. As already mentioned, be sure to choose a unique channel identity that matches your business name. If you can’t really find one, don’t struggle—make little variations so that the users can distinguish your channel.
The procedure is identical to creating a new account. However, once you make a normal YouTube account, do this convert it to a Brand account:
- Click the profile picture in the top corner.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Add or manage your channel(s).
- Create a new channel by entering the name and clicking Create.
- You can now select it from the drop-down menu on top of your normal channel.
After creating a branded channel, it is time to reach more audiences to attract them to your business. Luckily, YouTube helps business owners to promote their businesses using YouTube ads. You can find more details on the YouTube Advertising page.
Notable YouTube Facts
You can learn more about the video search engine giant from the interesting facts listed below. We will cover an in-depth article in the future listing hundreds of YouTube facts. Thus, stay tuned.
- YouTube is the largest video-sharing website on the internet as of 2022.
- It is the second-largest search engine on the Internet.
- If you are interested, you can see the very first YouTube video which was uploaded on 24 April 2005.
- As of 2022, around 2.6 billion people use YouTube according to Statista.
- Roughly 500 hours of video are being uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- On average, each day YouTube receives around 1 billion video watches, according to the YouTube Press Blog page.
- YouTube is a huge traffic website with over 122 million visitors each day as of 2022.
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day.
- Every month, around 3.25 billion hours of video is being viewed on YouTube on average.
- Approximately, 10,113 YouTube videos generated over 1 billion views (Most are music related.)
- Around 80-90% of the YouTube views are from outside of the United States.
- As per the reports from trusted sources, by 2025, half of the viewers under the age of 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service due to the impact of YouTube.
- If we divide the YouTube viewers by gender, the Female users would be 46.1%, and the male users are 53.9%.
- YouTube is available in 80 different languages and 100+ countries.
- Around 10% of the small businesses in the US have YouTube accounts.
- Based on BusinessInsider reports, 20% of the people who reach YouTube videos will leave in the first 10 seconds.
- YouTube generates an enormous amount of its income from YouTube advertising, $8.6 billion in 2021.
Now you know how to create a YouTube account either for your personal use or for the business. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that making a Google account lets you start enjoying all YouTube features. As mentioned, you can also earn money with YouTube. We also suggest reading about the advantages and disadvantages of YouTube before becoming a frequent user.