Youtube is the largest video sharing website owned by Google. With millions of hours of videos, Youtube has probably the biggest collection of videos in the whole internet. As per the reports, in every minute around 350+ hours of video is being uploaded to the Youtube. So you can guess, how big this video sharing site is. Some of the most famous Youtube stars such as PewDiePie makes a good amount from advertising on Youtube. Let’s come to that in a later article. For now, let’s create a Youtube account for you.
It is incredibly easy to signup for a Youtube account. You just have to create a Google account in order to start using the Youtube. As I mentioned in my previous article, the whole Google universe can be accessed using a single account. So, go and create one by following the steps given in that article.
I hope you created one. Now, here are the steps for creating Youtube account or signing in to Youtube using the Google/Gmail account that you already have.
How to Create a YouTube Account
Based on the device you are using, the steps for signing up for the Youtube account is a little different. So, follow the steps according to the type of device and platform you are using.
Create Youtube account on Computer
- Go to Youtube website.
- In the top right, click Sign in. (If you are already signed in to your Google account, Youtube will automatically sign you in. If not, enter the email ID and password.)
- If you don’t have a Google account, create one by clicking on Create Account option.
Create Youtube account on Android
- Open the YouTube app on Android.
- Tap the menu icon (The three vertical dots.)
- Tap Sign in.
- If you don’t have an account, tap the plus sign next to “Accounts” option to create your Google Account.
Create Youtube account on iOS
The steps are same for the iOS and Android devices. Just for your reference, we are repeating it again.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Tap Sign in.
- Create an account if you don’t have one.
That’s it, now you are successfully logged in to the Youtube account.
How to create a Youtube Business account
In the recent steps, we talked about creating a personal account for your basic needs. Now, what about a business? Is it ok to create a normal account for your business? No. There are few things you have to think before creating a Youtube account for your business. Most of the business owners will aim a Youtube channel branded with their business name which looks unique and easily findable. So, the first thing you have to do is selecting a unique (Yes, there might be a lot of channels with the same name), cachy channel name which attracts the right kind of audience.
Then, it is recommended to provide your business email while creating the Google account. You could find more details from our recent article on creating a Gmail account. After signing up for the Google account, follow the same steps as given above to sign in. Now, it is the time to setup a channel for your business. As already mentioned, be sure to choose a unique channel identity which matches with your business name. If you can’t really find one, don’t struggle with that, just make little variations so that the users can distinguish your channel.
After creating a branded channel, it is the time to reach more audience to attract them to your business. Luckily, Youtube helps business owners to promote their business using the Youtube ads. You can find more details on Youtube ads in here.
Few Youtube facts
Know more about the video search engine giant from the interesting facts listed below. We will cover an in-depth article in the future listing hundreds of Youtube facts. So, stay tuned.
- Youtube is the largest video sharing website on the internet as of 2017.
- It is the second largest search engine on the Internet.
- If you are interested to see the very first YouTube video which was uploaded on 23 April 2005, go and check this.
- As of 2017, around 1.3+ billion people use Youtube.
- 300 hours of video is being uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- On average, each day Youtube receives around 1 billion views just from the mobile devices all averaging more than 40 minutes.
- YouTube is a huge traffic website with over 30 million visitors each day.
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- Every month, around 3.25 billion hours of video is being viewed on Youtube on average.
- Approximately, 10,113 Youtube videos generated over 1 billion views (Most of them are music related.)
- Around 80% of the Youtube views are from outside of the United States.
- As per the reports from trusted sources, by 2025, half of the viewers under the age of 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service due to the impact of Youtube.
- If we divide the Youtube viewers by gender, the Female users would be 38%, and male users are 62%.
- The Youtube user percentage by Age would be 18-24 – 11%, 25-34 – 23%, 35-44 – 26%, 45-54 – 16%, 50-64 – 8%, 65+ – 3%, unknown age – 14%.
- Youtube is available in 76 different languages.
- Around 10% of the small businesses in the US has Youtube account.
- As per the reports, 20% of the people who reach the Youtube videos will leave in the first 10 seconds.
- Youtube generates an enormous amount of its income from Youtube advertising (Adsense.)
- Youtube reaches more people than any other network in the United States.
Now you know how to create a Youtube account either for your personal use or for the business. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you should create a Google account in order to start enjoying the complete Youtube features. If you don’t know, you can earn money with Youtube. We will share the complete guide to earn money from Youtube in coming days. Be here.