Google Chrome is the most popular internet browser today. As such, Google Chrome has hundreds of extensions that can modify the browsers. Actually, the whole point of these extensions is to modify the browser in order to add some additional possibilities and features. Today, we are going to be talking about screenshot extensions for that browser, which can be used to fully capture a web page that you are looking at. So, without further due, let’s check 10 best screenshot extensions for Google Chrome.
Speaking of capturing a full page screen, here we have this amazing app. GoFullPage – Full Page Screen Capture lets you screenshot everything that’s in your current browser window. It’s easy to download, and you just need to enable it in the upper right corner of the browser. From there, just click on the extension in your browser bar and wait as the magic happens. You can then save your screenshot and share it with your friends. No ads and no bullshit. Simple and effective!
- Simply click on the extension or press Alt+Shift+P
- Export screenshots to PNG, JPEG, or various PDF paper sizes
- Edit the screenshots as needed
- An open source project
- No ads are shown
- No unnecessary permissions required
- Doesn’t support taking screenshot of parts
- No scrolling screenshots
LightShot is another simple app for your beloved Google Chrome. All you have to do is, add LightShot to Google Chrome and enable it from your extensions list. After that, LightShot will show you how simple it is and why it’s one of the best apps for taking screenshots. You can take a screenshot with a single click and share it immediately if you want. Furthermore, the screenshots are editable, so you can quickly edit a whole screenshot or a part of it. What is really awesome here is that you can even search for similar screenshots! That’s so cool! If you don’t want to use it as an extension, you can simply download LightShot to your computer.
- Easy screenshotting process
- Extremely lightweight and fast
- Edit screenshots from the extension
- Select and take a screenshot of any part of the webpage
- Options to save locally or upload to the cloud
- Can directly copy screenshots to the clipboard
- The image editing feature is very basic
- Cannot take scrolling screenshots
Awesome Screenshot might be the greatest app for screenshots ever! The way it works is by providing you with different styles of taking screenshots of any web page. For example, you can blur sensitive info, add annotations, comments and edit the various parts of the picture. I mean, what more do you need? On top of that, the image can be shared with just a single click or saved to your hard drive or cloud space easily. The best thing here is that it’s completely free, even the premium features!
- Can take screenshot of a selected area of full page
- Also provides screen recording function
- No annoying ads
- No unnecessary permission required
- Save recordings or screenshots locally or to the cloud
- Customer support available
- No advanced editing functions
- Sometimes lags during the screen recording
Webpage Screenshot – Entire page screenshot! is an open-source screenshot-taking extension for Google Chrome. As with the other apps on our list, this one is able to capture one hundred percent of your current web page with ease. You can then edit it, add some text, blur the unwanted content and share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and much more. If sharing isn’t your desire, then simply save it on your PC or print it and stick it on your wall! Just kidding; it’s awesome as hell.
- It is an open source project
- Webcam and desktop capture features
- A basic screenshot editor is available
- Unlimited storage for storing images in the cloud
- Create PDFs and Thumbnails
- Share screenshots to social medias directly
- Performance is a bit laggy
- Extension updates are not that frequent
Hey, does anyone want some free one-click screenshots? You’ve come to the right place at the right time. Blipshot is a user-friendly and simple app that lets you do just that. Click on the extension in the upper right corner, and you’ve taken your first screenshot, congrats to you! Upon taking the screenshot, use the simple drag-and-drop function to share it or save it. Blipshot supports platforms such as Linux, Mac and of course, Windows.
- Allows taking whole page screenshots
- Only takes a single click to capture
- Very lightweight
- Save images as PNG
- No unnecessary ads or promotions
- No image editing possible from the extension
- Sometimes the screenshot doesn’t save
Nimbus Screenshot and Screencast is much more than your ordinary screenshot extension. Surely, it allows for taking screenshots and editing them in a user-friendly and intuitive interface. However, the second important function of the extension is a screencast. This means that you can record a video from your screen, if you need to give someone some sort of instructions, etc. It’s awesome, download it from the link below.
- Edit and annotate the taken screenshots
- Capture whole page or a part of the page
- Record video of your screen
- Upload and share the screenshots and recordings
- Very easy to use and get started
- The editor seems a little buggy
- Slows down the browser a bit
FireShot is all you need for a simple screenshot taking and capturing. Seriously, Fireshot is here to capture full web pages of your desire and let you edit them in a traditional, simple manner. Fireshot now allows for using various formats when capturing, such as PNG, JPEG, and even PDF. Printing and sharing are supported, so it leaves nothing to be desired. The app can even work OFFLINE! That’s right, you’ve read it well. It’s not strange that many reviewers declared the extension as one of the best free extensions for Chrome. The download link is below.
- Save screenshots in different formats such as JPEG, PNG, PDF, etc.
- Can also save as GIFs
- Full or partial page screenshots are possible
- A simple screenshot editor is included
- Send the screenshots to social media, mails, or clipboard
- The UI seems a bit cluttered
- Editor doesn’t have any advanced functions
- Slow sometimes
Easy Screenshot is here for the less demanding users. That means that this app offers a basic screenshot taking experience, which includes a simple click for doing so. The whole web page is captured and you get a clear, nice-looking screenshot for you or your friends. It’s simple to download and install, so be sure to enable it in your Google Chrome extensions bar. You may be disappointed because of lack of some better and fancier features, but hey, read its name again. It says EASY Screenshot, and that’s what you get. We good?
- Take screenshot of a part or the entire web page
- Very simple and lightweight
- No ads or annoying spyware
- No image editing functionality
- The features are very minimal
- Cannot record screen
9. Webpage Screenshot (Discontinued)
Webpage Screenshot is a user-friendly Google Chrome extension that can pride itself on being simple as a bean. It’s a lightweight extension that doesn’t put any stress on your CPU, but still works like a charm. Should you want to take a screenshot, you can do it with a simple click, and you can share it with your co-workers, family or friends if you want. You can edit a whole screenshot or take a part of it, and after you apply the desired “makeup”, keep it for yourself or share it. Also, the app supports all of the platforms, Windows and macOS included!
10. Screen Capture, Screenshot (Discontinued)
Screen Capture, Screenshot is an amazing extension for saving and sharing your screenshots and screen captures. The great news is that the app officially supports Google Drive, letting you use your Cloud space instead of the hard drive. It’s very simple to use, and sharing is second to none. Just a single click and you’re good to go. Furthermore, it allows for taking YouTube screenshots, so if you stumble upon an interesting video, hit that damn button and share it with your friends!