After shipping 27.4 million units in the first quarter of 2022 (according to Statista), Oppo became one of the favorite brands among Android users worldwide. Most users love these smartphones for their user-friendly features and ease of use. There are many features you’d love on an Oppo smartphone, and one is the ability to record calls automatically. However, that’s only available in new models. If you have an older device, you may not have it.
The Oppo smartphone’s Call Recorder or Call Recording feature allows you to record calls using the dial pad app. The built-in automatic call recorder in the default dialer can be used to record all calls. You can record calls from unknown or specific numbers, among other things. Let’s show you more about automated call recording without installing any recording application first. Then, we’ll cover third-party help.
1. Use Built-in Oppo Smartphone Options to Record Calls
The auto call recorder feature is always beneficial if you need to go back and check the details of any previous conversations. Follow these steps to record calls in the Oppo smartphone based on the ColorOS version below.
- For ColorOS 12 and later versions: Open the app for calling, then tap the three-dot icon. Now:
- Go to Settings.
- Open Call recording.
- Turn on Record all Calls.
- On ColorOS 11: Open your Phone application to begin typing a number. Then:
- Tap the icon with two dots in the top right corner.
- After you access additional settings, go to Settings then choose Call recording.
- Toggle the option to On if it’s on “Off”.
- For ColorOS 6.1 to 7: After tapping on the call app:
- Select the three-dot overflow button on the dial pad.
- Go to Settings and enable Call Recording.
- For ColorOS 5.1 up to 6.0: Tap on Settings before:
- Going to System Apps.
- Selecting Call.
- Activating Call Recording.
- On ColorOS 5.0 and older versions: Open Settings, and then:
- Select Call.
- Enable Call Recording.
What Can I Do with Oppo Calling Options?
Once turned on, you can select one of these features:
- Auto-record: This will automatically record calls from a specific phone number. Setting up personal contacts requires you to go to Auto-record and then select Symbol. After want, tap the contact and select Add.
- Record all calls: Self-explanatory.
- Record all unknown numbers: This will record all calls except numbers in your contact list.
- Recording storage limit: Configure maximum storage allowed for recordings.
- Check call recordings: Inspect your list of recordings and preview them.
2. Record Calls Using the Cube Call Recorder App
Cube Call Recorder App is one of many applications for call recording on Android. Besides any Android device, it works on almost every Oppo smartphone. It covers messaging and VoIP apps such as Viber, Telegram, WhatsApp, and Zoom, and is supported by other companies like Samsung, Vivo, Motorola, and others. We’re unaffiliated, but it has been downloaded over 10 million times and has a superb rating on Play Store. To begin recording calls via Cube ACR, do this:
- Download Cube ACR from Google Play Store or their website, install and run it.
- You can start recording your outgoing and incoming calls in the middle of a call by tapping the record option. This option is activated on your phone when you install the application.
You can access your recorded phone calls by:
- Opening the Phone app.
- Tapping on the three-dot overflow menu button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Choosing Call History and then Recorded Calls to listen to any previous recording.