pCloud is one of the fastest, easiest cloud solutions out there. With a bunch of amazing features and superior quality cloud hosting services, they have been serving millions of users all over the globe. However, for some reason, if you decide to delete your pCloud account, this article will be helpful for you. There are actually two things you can do on pCloud to stop them from charging you. You can either cancel your subscription and keep your account without deleting it, or delete your account as well as cancel your subscription. This article will cover the steps to delete your pCloud account. If you just want to cancel your pCloud subscription and keep the account, head over to this article.
Deactivating your account will remove any files you hosted on the pCloud platform. Even though the files will be kept for a certain period of time (Something like 30 days), it is better to back them up in case you need them in the future.
If you are deactivating your pCloud account because you want to migrate to another cloud hosting service, you can directly migrate the files in pCloud to your new cloud service provider. If you need any help, you can reach out to their support to help you out. Even if you are not migrating to another service, it is always a better idea to keep a backup of your important files before deleting them.
Reasons to delete pCloud account
There are several reasons why you should / shouldn’t use a pCloud account. We explained it in detail in our article advantages and disadvantages of pCloud. If you need further clarification, here are some reasons why you might want to delete your pCloud account
- You just don’t want to use the account anymore.
- You are planning to delete all your files, so don’t have any use for the account.
- You found a better deal from another cloud service provider.
- The service doesn’t offer the features you need anymore.
- You have created another pCloud account.
Steps to Deactivate pCloud Account
- Go to pCloud website.
- Login using your credentials.
- Click on the Profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Navigate to Settings > Account.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Click on the Delete Your Account button.
- Confirm the action if prompted.
That’s it. You have successfully deleted your pCloud account. Any active subscriptions will be canceled, and you no longer will be charged for the pCloud services. If you want to make sure, be sure to remove your payment method from the cloud account either manually or by reaching out to their support.