Creating a Twitter account is pretty easy. Like that, to delete Twitter account, you don’t have to sweat too. It is very easy with the official Twitter removal method. So, if you are one of those who needs to disable a Twitter account, here we have a complete article for you. In this article, we will describe almost everything that you need to know about the Twitter account deletion process. So, without wasting your valuable time, let’s directly jump into the possible ways to get rid of a Twitter profile.
When you should Remove Twitter account
It’s ok to delete the Twitter account at any point of time. But there are few situations where you should do it. Here we are listing some such situations where you should go through the process without thinking twice.
- When your Twitter account gets misused by someone else: There is a chance for someone else to get into your privacy by stealing the credentials from you. Especially, id you are an open person who let others access the Twitter profile, chances are very high to get it misused. In such situations, you may proceed with removing your Twitter account immediately.
- When you find something suspicious with the account: If you are sure that no one else has your password and still you are seeing some suspicious logins and activities, you might consider that your security is at risk. There is no need to continue with such accounts if this happens even after changing your credentials to the new one. It is better to get out of your Twitter profile and start a fresh one.
- When you have multiple Twitter accounts and the current one is no longer used: You might be one of those that has numerous social media accounts including the Twitter. If so, and you are no longer needed the old Twitter account, it is better to put it int the basket than leaving it outdoors. As you are only checking its security once in a long time, there is a big chance for others to get access to it and operate it without letting you know. So, disable unwanted Twitter accounts.
- When you simply want to get rid of the Twitter: Even if there is no specific reason for the Twitter deletion, you could still go for it. If you think that the Facebook, and Google+ are more than enough for your needs, you may consider deleting your account. No one will question you about that unless you have tons of lovely followers.
What you should know before Disabling the Gmail Account
There are few things that you should be aware of before continuing the Twitter removal process. We listed the most important ones among them to let you make aware of it. So, carefully have a look at the below-listed points before deleting Twitter.
- Twitter will only keep your data for the next 30-days after the account removal: Even after deleting your account, Twitter will hold your account data for the next 30 days. This is to help those people who change their decision after deleting the account. So, you will be able to recover deleted Twitter account within the 30 days after deactivation.
- Twitter says, If you simply need a new username, don’t delete your account: There is no need to start a new Twitter account in order to get a fresh username. You could do that by navigating to your account settings section. You can choose any unused Twitter usernames without having to remove the Twitter profile.
- If you want to reuse the username or email address of your Twitter profile, you should remove it first: Twitter will not allow users to have same usernames or email addresses on two different profiles. So, if you are planning to use the same details again, you should remove them from the old account before the deactivation.
- Deleting your Twitter will not remove all data immediately: Once you deactivate your profile, Twitter will remove your account from the database. Even though, your Tweets and messages to others will remain on the servers at least for few days. It will take few days to few weeks to remove almost of your Twitter account data.
How to Delete a Twitter Account
So, now you know almost of the precautions and problems of deleting Twitter accounts. Without wasting our time, let’s directly dive into the steps to delete a Twitter account.
- Go to Twitter.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Navigate to the Account settings section.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Deactivate my account option.
- After reading the warnings and notification text, click the Deactivate @username option.
- Enter your account credentials if prompted and continue the process to deactivate Twitter account.
Common Queries Regarding the Twitter account Deactivation
There are few commonly asked questions regarding the Twitter account deletion process. We are listing some of them below to help you to solve your questions.
Twitter says “you have the wrong password!”
If you get a message that says your account password is incorrect, you might have entered it incorrectly. If you are sure that you entered the correct credentials or if you forgot the password, reset it and continue the process. The problem will be fixed by now.
Twitter getting reactivated again and again.
You deactivated your account, and after few minutes, it is getting reactivated again. If this is the situation you are facing, you may conclude that your account details have been compromised or someone else has access to your details. So, change the password on all of the related connections like email and secure your mobile number. Then watch the results. Alternatively, you can try contacting the Twitter support and let them know the matter.
Don’t have the email address connected to the Twitter profile to confirm the account deletion.
If you lost access to the email address connected to the Twitter account, you might be in trouble. They can’t proceed to the deactivation process without the user confirming the action. If you at least have the verified mobile number, you may have a chance to delete the profile.