You may have many reasons to use the Lightshot Screenshot tool, but you only need one to remove it. One of the main reasons professionals don’t want to use Lightshot is compatibility. Another concerning cause is that the tool is often considered malicious by many websites and operating systems. Moreover, even if you think you have removed Lightshotfrom your computer, some files remain active in the background. You are likely to find its processes in your computer’s Task Manager, too. Hence, you need to know how to uninstall Lightshot entirely. Let’s start.
Uninstall Lightshot using Uninstaller.exe on Windows
Like many types of software, Lisghtshot also has an “uninstall.exe” or “ uninst000.exe ” file stored in a dedicated folder in Program Files. Here’s what to do:
- Go to this directory: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Skillbrains\lightshot\”
- Launch one of the two aforementioned files to remove Lightshot.
- Follow the on-screen steps, mostly clicking Next.
Uninstalling Lightshot via Apps & Features for Windows
This method is intuitive and takes a couple of steps:
- Press the Windows Start button and type Apps & Features.
- Once you hit the enter button, the system’s Apps and Features will appear, listing all the applications installed.
- Use the search box to type “Lightshot”.
- Choose Lightshot v. X (your currently installed version) and click Uninstall twice.
Remove Lightshot through Windows Run Command
Slightly more daunting and prone to errors is this method:
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard and open the “Run” command box.
- Paste this file path, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Skillbrains\lightshot\unins000.exe” into the text box without quotes.
- Press Enter and uninstallation starts.
Uninstall Lightshot for Mac
You can utilize the conventional method to complete Lightshot removal on Mac. Make sure you have admin access. Now:
Installed Lightshot from the App Store?
If you acquired Lightshot through the Apple App Store, do this:
- Type “lighshot screenshot” in the search bar on the Dock.
- Press and hold the Lightshot Screenshot icon until it starts to jiggle.
- Click “Delete” appearing on the app icon.
- To confirm the deletion, select “Delete” in the pop-up dialog.
Lightshot is not installed through App Store?
If you didn’t utilize the App Store, do the following:
- Launch the Mac Finder tool and click on the Applications folder on the sidebar.
- Search for “Lightshot Screenshot” in the Applications folder.
- Drag its icon to the Trash icon using your mouse, and drop it there.
- Right-click on the Trash and choose “Empty the Trash.”