You should keep track of the screenshots you have saved through Lightshot. A quick reminder: all the edits and captures are saved in the default or custom directory you have chosen. Even though Lightshot is pretty easy to work in, you may get confused while searching and deleting the captured images. There’s nothing complicated, especially when you get the hang of it. For example, if you are running it on Windows, you need to launch it from the taskbar. Even after that, you may need to know where the files get saved. The rest of the instructions are pretty straightforward. Here are several easy steps to find a screenshot in the Lightshot folder and delete it.
Delete Lightshot Screenshot in Windows and Mac: A How-to
Lightshot does support live editing while capturing a screenshot. However, it doesn’t let you delete one in progress or after it’s saved. To clarify, you can’t delete an image within its user interface. Thus:
- If you haven’t changed the Lightshot save location, go to “C:\Users\Username\Documents\Lightshot”. If you changed save location for Lightshot, look there.
- Select a screenshot you want to be deleted.
- Right-click on it and select Delete. Alternatively, press the Delete button on your keyboard.
The procedure is identical on Mac, except screenshots are saved on the desktop by default.
Delete Screenshot in Lightshot for Browsers
The screenshot you take via the Lightshot browser extension (Firefox or Chrome) are saved in the Downloads folder by default. Therefore:
- Go to the Downloads folder where you can select the images you want deleted.
- You can choose screenshots in bulk or remove them individually.
Why You Need to Erase Screenshots in Lighshot
Every picture you save via the browser or the tool itself stays in the system memory. If you are a blogger or a professional photo editor, you may collect tons of pictures in your system. This can be confusing and requires a lot of storage space. Hence, it’s essential to keep the ones you need and eradicate those you don’t. Unfortunately, Lightshot doesn’t let you do it automatically; that’s why you’ll have to follow the aforementioned steps.