For some people, call recording may be a crucial feature. It is undoubtedly useful for various purposes, including conducting interviews, talking to someone, or being the victim of fraud. However, with the use of recordings, there is always an element of privacy concern. This is especially true if the other party does not give consent. As a result, most phones do not have an in-built capability to record calls. If you own a Samsung smartphone with Android 9 or later, you’re lucky. Here’s how to use the Samsung Galaxy phone’s built-in Phone app and third-party apps to record calls.
Types of calls you can record on Samsung smartphones
In certain countries, it is unlawful to record conversations without the other person’s permission. Don’t be shocked if your Samsung Galaxy phone doesn’t have a call recording feature. You’re out of luck in such situations because there’s nothing you can do to enable this function. Even when recording is permitted in some areas, Samsung may still not have implemented it. It is not feasible to record VoWiFi calls, which are voice calls that take place over Wi-Fi.
1. Record calls on a Samsung phone automatically
You can program your Samsung Galaxy phone to record all conversations automatically. You may choose to keep track of calls from everyone in your phone book, select contacts, or only unknown numbers.
- On your Samsung Galaxy device, open the Phone app.
- Tap the Settings button → Record calls (three-dotted overflow menu) in the top-right corner.
- To enable or disable call recording, go to the Auto record calls menu and select it.
- Tap the Settings button. Choose whether to record All calls, Calls from unsaved numbers, or Calls from specific numbers by selecting one of these options.
2. Manually record a call on a Samsung device
You may also manually document single calls on phones like the Samsung Galaxy S21, Note, or Galaxy Fold. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Samsung phone, open the Phone app and call the person you want to record a call with. Accept the incoming call that you wish to record if preferred.
- To start recording, tap the Record call button on the call screen. If the option does not appear on the call screen, choose it from the 3-dot menu by tapping on the top-right.
- The call recording function will first inquire you to accept the terms and conditions when you activate it for the first time.
Unlike other phones, the person on the other end will not be informed if you record a conversation. This only happens when you use the Google Phone app as your standard dialer software on an Android phone.
How to find recorded calls and share recordings
From the Phone app, you may listen to past calls on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Open the Phone app on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Tap the 3-dot overflow menu button in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Settings → Record calls and select “Recorded calls.” The recorded conversations will be listed here. The file name will show the contact’s name or phone number to identify the recorded communications easily.
Set how long to keep recorded calls
Open the Phone app again. Now:
- Tap More options Settings → Call recording at the top right.
- Tap Delete recordings under “Recordings”.
- You can set the length of time you want to keep a recorded call before it is automatically deleted.
- Select Confirm.
Note: It’s up to you to comply with all recording rules since recording a call is not legal in every country. Only utilize call recording when it is necessary and permitted by law.
3. Call recording function in Samsung doesn’t exist. What now?
If that is the case, make sure you’re opening the stock app with a green phone icon and that, if prompted, you want to use it as the default. If you still can’t see the option to record phone calls automatically or otherwise after doing everything else listed in this guide, then Samsung has most likely not enabled the feature because of legal constraints. Determine whether one-way call recording is allowed in your country by researching whether it’s legal or contact a Samsung Customer Support representative. In this case, you can use a third-party call recorder app.
Instructions to record a call on Samsung smartphones via Cube ACR
Google will be ending support for some third-party call recording apps by the end of 2022. However, many apps are still available for use on Play Store. The following steps demonstrate recording calls in Samsung devices using Cube ACR, which we’re unaffiliated with.
- Download and install the Cube Automatic app from Google Play Store.
- Once you have installed the app, open it and grant the necessary permissions.
- Now, you need to select the recording mode. You can choose from manual or automatic recording mode.
- If you choose automatic recording mode, all your calls will be recorded automatically. But if you choose manual recording mode, you must start the recording manually each time you want to record a call.
- To begin recording a call, tap the “Record” button. The recording will start automatically and be saved in the “Recordings” section in the local device storage of the app.
- To stop the recording, tap on the “Stop” button. You can listen to it anytime you want.