Xiaomi has risen to the top of the ranks as one of the most popular smartphone manufacturers worldwide. Xiaomi Redmi smartphones provide numerous convenient features, such as Hi-Fi audio and OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). It also includes automatically recording all calls with a simple setting change. A sudden decision Google took in April 2022 has scared developers of apps with more than 10 million downloads on the Google Play Store. That is because they are third-party and would stop working on Android devices after some time. Luckily, if you are looking for a way to record a call on Redmi smartphones, we have a few methods you can employ.
Does every Redmi smartphone support call recording?
A simple answer to whether any Redmi smartphone supports call recording is no. Because you’re using the global version of Xiaomi’s Redmi 9T, call recording is not available. The Global variant of the Redmi phone comes pre-installed with Google Dialer rather than Xiaomi’s Mi Contact and Dialer app. For now, Google dialer apps do not include call recording. They are, however, working on adding it to their app.
If you have the Global Redmi 9, you can’t use call recording either. To gain access to that function, your best bet is to go with the MIUI EU version. It’s devoid of advertisements and comes pre-installed with an MIUI dialer that supports native call recording. But before installing it, you’ll need to unlock your device’s bootloader.
1. Guide to record a call on Redmi smartphones (9/9T/9A/9s/9 Prime/9 Power/10)
If you’re using the EU MIUI version, follow these instructions to record calls on your Redmi smart device:
- On your Xiaomi, open the Phone (calling) app.
- Tap the three-line menu in the lower left corner.
- Now select “Call Recording.”
- You may now enable the “Call Recording Notification” and “Record Calls Automatically” options.
- You may also limit your app’s calls to a specific set of digits. All you have to do is go to Selected Numbers → Custom List, then Add Numbers.
If your device lacks these features, you must use third-party software for Android.
2. Instructions to record calls on Redmi devices via third-party apps
- Head to the Google Play Store and find a call recording app that works.
- We will use Automatic Call Recorder for demonstration but are unaffiliated.
- Install the app and allow it access to your Redmi phone contacts, call logs, and gallery.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further. The app will integrate with your incoming and outgoing calls and save them.
- Head to the folder by the name of the recording app in File Manager to listen to the recording.