People are born to work. It is one of the messages of the story of Adam and Eve. To make this work easier, people practically applied scientific knowledge and named it, technology. We have a complicated relationship with technology, where it dominates the whole world. This era of technological advancement overshadows every field of today. It plays a vital role in medicine, engineering, social science, or broadcasting because it saves time. Imagine investing the whole time in doing labor that requires mindless repetition. Will that help in the growth of the economy? No.
- Technology saves time through automation and efficiency.
- Online shopping and banking streamline tasks.
- Online maps and navigation reduce travel time.
- Internet provides 24/7 access to information.
- Email and video conferencing ease communication.
- Automation improves productivity in offices.
- Upcoming tech includes AI, universal internet, autonomous vehicles, AI assistants, smart homes, quantum computing, AR glasses, 5G, drones, blockchain, VR in education, and biometrics.
- Recent inventions: smart toothbrushes and versatile two-wheelers.
- Technology offers speed and efficiency, benefiting society.
Ways Technology Saves Time
The technological economy tends to be more wealthy. The non-technological economy may still ride a donkey to the fields and still carry water by hand. In other words, as long as there have been people, there has been technology. Its modern feature is the gift of science that has done a great job of time management in this busy world.
Technology provides us with time-saving devices like push-to cars, cell phones with internet access, and washing machines with inbuilt driers. However, most of us still complain about not having enough time.
Some of the various aspects of its efficiency include –
Online shopping and banking
Online shopping comes in a lot of ways. Every time, you save quite a bit of time if compared to the other alternative. For groceries, going to a store, picking items, billing, and bringing them back consumes a pretty long time. Instead, if done online, it not only saves time but also keeps you relaxed without getting tired. Nowadays clothing, housewares, shoes, technology, and many more can be ordered sitting at home.
Banking has also given us the option of doing it online. Technology has made it possible to transfer money, maintain accounts, invest in shares, and much more without standing in a queue at the bank. Digital payment to a street vendor has also given us a reason to save time. A cashless world is what technology is up to.
Online maps and navigations
When you plan for a drive and get stuck in a traffic jam, it is the worst feeling. Sitting in a car, barely moving along, and making no progress is the only left option. But if you use online services by technology to find the quickest and most efficient route to a destination, you save time
Also, you get the updates of a public transport system that makes it easy to plan the journey. Just think of the food you ordered is not delivered on time only because of the unavailability of your current location. The delivery boy uses this service to do the job which is time-saving technology.
Learning and problem-solving
Learning from an unlimited number of resources has been made possible by the Internet. It saves time by enabling us to have 24/7 access to books, libraries, online courses, articles, and even online agents available to help us. Internet-based crowdsourcing is an easier and quicker way to find solutions to the problem. Searching the web for the solution or asking the web community for help are two ways to get the task done.
Technology has helped the teachers and students a lot in the study. Studying on virtual boards with 3D images makes learning and understanding simpler and faster, saving time for the student-teacher association.
Email and video conferencing
Communicating around the globe has become as easy as talking to your friends in a coffee shop. If you can’t afford to visit a country for business, an email can help you. Besides saving time, it saves money, reducing the overheads of a business.
The fast connecting technology has given the comfort of conducting a meeting without actually moving to a conference hall and, that is, by video conferencing. You are available anywhere, anytime, and always. Meeting clients virtually saves time traveling, expensive flights, hotels, and travel expenses. The best part is, that you can sleep in your bed at night after a tiring day.
Manufacturing units and offices
Doing repetitive work consumes time and also reduces the skill of a person. Thanks to technology for giving the machine to do this repetitive work. That is not only faster but also time-saving and, the quality is also maintained thereby, increasing productivity. Unskilled labor gets enough time to develop skills for better earning.
Thus, technology has created new tools to help businesses improve productivity and make the work more enjoyable for both employees and managers in less time.
When it comes to managers, they need to be smarter than smartphones, and well-versed with technological advances that can help save time. Bill payments, scheduling meetings, and marketing online are called automation, which they use to save time and reduce costs. Organizing webinars to train several employees is yet another way of time-saving with a human touch. Others include organizing online meetings, using productivity apps to improve efficiency, and so on.
Upcoming Technology Inventions to Make Life Easier
Technology is already helping the world a lot. We have already learned how much we depend upon technology to stay productive and save time. But what if we tell you it is only the beginning? There is no limit to what we can achieve in the upcoming years with our innovation. Technology has given wings to human beings that make us believe we can fly even above the sky if we are determined enough.
Now, let us take a look at some of the upcoming inventions that will make even more things easier for us to do in the next few years.
Ask any graphic designer, and they’ll tell you that creating a simple image or banner can take hours. It’s a craft that requires skill, creativity, and patience. However, AI is changing the game, capable of whipping up designs in seconds. AI tools like Midjourney and Dall-E are already showcasing this potential, but they haven’t become mainstream yet due to their inconsistency.
Companies like OpenAI are putting their all into refining these technologies. They’re working on software that will not only create images at lightning speed but also ensure they’re of top-notch quality, every single time.
Half of the world’s population is not connected to the Internet due to social and economic reasons. You may have been using the Internet for the past few years, but there are places that will take several more years to be able to get Internet access.
To make the Internet accessible to everyone, Google has come up with a creative solution. It is thinking of sending helium balloon beams to areas where the Internet is not a reality. Facebook had plans of doing the same thing using drones, but they have abandoned the plan. And now, companies like Hiber have replaced Facebook to join the race. Imagine what we can achieve as compared to what we already have when more than 7 billion people are connected to the Internet.
Here are some more examples of upcoming inventions in the field of technology:
- Autonomous Vehicles: Envision a future where vehicles autonomously navigate the roads, significantly reducing traffic incidents and streamlining daily commutes. That’s what waiting for us.
- AI Personal Assistants: The prospect of personal AI assistants extends beyond mere convenience. These advanced systems can schedule meetings, provide information, and adapt to individual preferences to improve quality of life.
- Smart Homes: Smartphones are going to arrive. Technological advancements will transform residences into smart homes, with interconnected devices allowing control over everything from lighting to security systems through simple touch or voice commands.
- Quantum Computing: Quantum computers promise to initiate an unprecedented era of computational power.
- Augmented Reality (AR) Glasses: AR glasses have the potential to revolutionize our interaction with the world. By overlaying digital information onto the physical environment, they could transform navigation, education, and gaming experiences. They are still available for consumers, but there is still more to come.
- 5G Technology: The introduction of 5G networks promises lightning-fast internet speeds, thereby facilitating advancements in telemedicine, remote work, and immersive digital experiences.
- Drones for Delivery: Drones are set to redefine delivery methods by enabling faster and more efficient package transportation, particularly beneficial in remote areas.
- Blockchain for Security: Blockchain technology has the potential to revolutionize data security and transparency, with far-reaching implications for industries such as finance and supply chain management.
- Virtual Reality (VR) for Education: VR offers a novel approach to education. By immersing students in interactive learning environments, it can render traditional textbooks obsolete and make the learning process more engaging for students.
- Biometric Authentication: Advanced biometrics are poised to replace passwords. It will make identity verification more straightforward and secure resulting in enhanced safety and user convenience.
- Robotics in Healthcare: Robotics is expected to play an increasingly vital role in healthcare.
- Clean Energy Innovations: In the future, groundbreaking advancements in sustainable energy technology could contribute substantially to reducing our carbon footprint, offering cleaner and more accessible power sources for a sustainable future.
It will surely test our patience when we wait for the upcoming technologies to arrive, but what we already have is not less than what we do not. Let us take a look at some of the recent inventions that can save you a lot of time:
How much time do you spend brushing your teeth daily? If you are like most, you will say around 2 to 5 minutes. But smart toothbrushes can give you the same results within a minute. It will basically act like a mouth guard that contains electric toothbrush heads and automatically squirts.
It is not possible to take our bike or car anywhere we would like to. But the two-wheeler can solve this problem and help you save time when you use it. You will have to stand on it like you do on a skateboard and then take it just anywhere you want to. No amount of dirt, snow, or sand is going to stop you. It is also electric, and you can even operate it with a remote.
We know technology has its downsides but, the saving of time is a huge upside and, that is what everyone wants. As global citizens, it is up to us to allow certain technologies to enter our lives so that it becomes a boon, not a bane. Technology promises speed and efficiency, like microwave might not make the food taste better, but it certainly gets the job done more quickly.
But don’t go all humans versus machine.