Steam is the perfect place to find PC games. Whether it is a simple 2D game or an online multiplayer, Steam is the perfect place to find it at affordable rates. Being a Steam user for over 5 years, I can surely say they provide the cheapest PC gaming deal out there. So, you might also want to give them a try in your next PC game purchase. It might help you to save a ton of money, especially if you frequently purchase PC games. No need to spend the exact amount what the game developer priced the product.
Like any other platform out there, Steam requires you to create an account to let you purchase games. All your games will be stored in your Steam Library which you can download any time you feel like. Steam works very similar to several other platforms such as EA Origin. So, let’s see how we can create an account on Steam.
Sign up for Steam Account
You have two ways to sign up for Steam. You can either use the Steam client (a software used to access steam games on PC.) or directly use their website
Steps to Create a Steam Account using their Website
- Go to the Steam Sign up Page.
- Click on the Join Steam button on the right sidebar.
- Fill out the details such as your email address and preferred password.
Steps to Signup for Steam using Steam Client
If you already have the Steam client installed on your PC, you can directly sign up from the application. To create a Steam account using the Steam desktop client, follow these steps.
If you do not have the Steam desktop application installed, you can download it here.
- Open the Steam application installed on your PC.
- It will ask you to sign in to your Steam account. As you do not have an account created, just click on the Create a New Account… button at the bottom.
- Fill out the necessary details to finish creating the account.
As soon as you complete the process, you will receive a mail confirming the account creation. Be sure to note down the Steam password somewhere safe. So, in case you forget it, you can easily restore it without having to reset the password.