Having a presence in more than 34 countries, OnePlus has over 2 million active users globally. OnePlus smartphones come with a very powerful Snapdragon chipset, capable of running any high-end games or apps. OnePlus devices are also known for their excellent battery life. Besides lightning-fast processing speed, they are highly praised for memory and camera quality. Many call recording apps are available on Google Play Store, but most do not work on OnePlus smartphones. Thus, if you are looking for a way to record a call on your OnePlus device, you came to the right place. We will demonstrate multiple ways of call recording on these smartphones.
1. Using a Built-in Call Recorder Feature
OnePlus devices come with an inbuilt call recorder feature that can be used for incoming and outgoing calls. To enable auto call recording on your OnePlus smartphone, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app on your OnePlus phone and tap on the three dots menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the ‘Settings’ option.
- On that screen, scroll down and tap on the ‘Calls’ option.
- On the “Calls” screen, select the ‘Call Recording’ option.
- Toggle ON the ‘Enable Call Recording’ switch on the next screen.
- You’ll be prompted to enable the “Automatic call recording” option if you haven’t already. Select ‘Always record’ and continue from the drop-down menu.
Once you have turned on the call recording feature on your OnePlus smartphone, all your incoming and outgoing calls will be automatically captured. The phone saves them in the “OnePlus Call Recorder” folder located in the internal storage.
2. Instructions to Manually Record a Call on OnePlus Phones
You can use the manual recording feature when you need call capturing urgently. Here is what you can do to record active calls.
- On your OnePlus phone, open the Phone app.
- Swipe left on the call screen to access the ‘Record’ option in an active call and tap it.
- All those on the call will be informed ahead of time that the conversation is being recorded—select ‘Start Record’.
- Your phone will start recording the voice conversations. You can use the same option to stop recording at any time.
3. Use Google Voice to Record Calls on the OnePlus Device
If you have Google Voice on your phone, you may also use it to record a call on your OnePlus 7. Recording telephone conversations is free, but only incoming calls can be registered with Google Voice. You will need a Google Voice account that is simple to create. The following procedures will detail how to make a call recording using Google Voice:
- Head to the Google Voice website and follow the steps to set your account up.
- Once you log in, choose ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- After you select the “Calls” tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page and check the ‘Registration’ box.
- Recording an incoming call is now possible by pressing the ‘4’ key on your keypad.
- After pressing “4,” you and your caller will receive a notification that the recording has started. If you press that key again, the recording will be stopped and stored in your inbox.
- Listen to your recorded talks after you go to the app menu and select recordings from your OnePlus.
Where are Call Recordings Saved on OnePlus Devices?
The save recording feature for call recordings on your smartphone largely depend on the type of phone you have. Most smartphones can, ideally, automatically save each call recording in an offline folder within the Phone app. For OnePlus and other devices that use stock Android, this feature is inbuilt into the Phone app. But if you’re unsure if your phone has these capabilities or not, here are some easy steps to follow that will help you locate any caller’s saved recordings.
- From the Phone app page, search for the contact whose call you have recorded.
- Go into any contact’s ‘Overview’ page, tap on the contact name, and a small microphone icon will appear on the call, indicating that it is recording.
- You can see a play icon by tapping on the ‘CTA’ button. By doing so, you may access the call recording file.
- To view all the call recording files on the device, tap on the ‘History’ icon and look for the mic icon in the “Recent calls” section.