When you invest a hefty sum into a device, you want it to be worth it. The simplest inconvenience seems more significant if your device does not give desired results. Chromebook is one such device to gain immense popularity among users. While Chromebook is popular and affordable, some users find that the built-in speakers on their Chromebook lack the desired volume. Speed, performance, and compatibility matter but, not being able to enjoy the music on the desired volume is next to frustrating.
If you are in a similar situation looking for a solution. We have got you covered, here is what you can do if the audio in your Chromebook is not loud enough.
A Guide to Make Chromebook Louder
If your Chromebook is not loud enough, there may be a setting default or a hardware issue. However, before jumping to a concrete conclusion, let’s figure out the possible solution for the low volume of your Chromebook.
1. Adjust the Volume Setting
If your Chromebook is brand new, the first thing you need to check is the Chromebook’s volume setting. Ensure that the volume is set to the maximum level. Locate the volume keys on your keyboard and press the volume up key to increase the sound output.
Additionally, you can click on the volume icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and drag the slider to increase its maximum volume.
2. Utilize Audio Enhancement
The low audio issue can become a very common problem among users, that’s why Chrome OS provides built-in audio enhancements that can help you improve sound quality and loudness.
To enable the built-in audio enhancer, follow the below steps.
- Click on the clock in the bottom-right corner of the screen and select the gear-shaped setting icon.
- Open settings, and stream down to the “sound” menu, click on the menu.
- Select “sound effects” and toggle the switch next to “enable bass boost” and “enable virtual surround” to activate this audio enhancement.
3. Try a Web-Based Sound Booster
If your Chromebook does not support Android apps, you can still enhance your audio experience by utilizing a web-based sound booster.
There are several such services. For example, VolumeBooster.io is a Chrome extension that can amplify the sound from any website or media player. These volume booster tools come with various features and frequency range to add depth to your audio.
Some Other Popular Volume Boosters for Chromebook
- Sound Booster: Sound Booster is a standalone app available on the Google Play Store that can increase the volume on your Chromebook.
- Chrome Audio EQ: Chrome Audio EQ is a comprehensive equalizer extension for Chromebooks that not only allows you to customize the audio frequencies but also offers volume-boosting capabilities.
4. Enable Android Apps for Audio
Many modern Chromebook support running Android apps, which opens up a world of possibilities for audio enhancement.
Install audio-enhancing apps such as equalizers, or volume boosters from the Google Play Store to customize and amplify your Chromebook sound output. Experiment with different apps to find the one that suits your preference.
5. Use an External Speaker or Headphones
One of the easiest and most effective ways to amplify your audio is to use an external audio source. To enhance the sound quality on your Chromebook, connect external speakers or headphones.
Chromebooks typically have a 3.5 mm headphone jack or USB port, allowing you to plug in a wide range of audio devices. By using external speakers or headphones, you can enjoy louder and more immersive audio.
Best Headphones for Chromebook to Boost Audio Quality
- Sony WH-1000XM4: The Sony WH-1000XM4 is widely regarded as one of the best noise-canceling headphones. With excellent audio quality, effective noise cancellation, and a comfortable fit. These headphones are perfect for an immersive audio experience.
- Jabra Elite 85h: This headphone is specialized in providing comfort and excellent battery life. With Bluetooth connectivity, you can effortlessly pair them with your Chromebook for a wireless listening experience.
- Bose Quite Comfort 35 II: The Bose Quiet Comfort is a popular choice known for its impressive noise cancellation capabilities. It provides complete audio satisfaction to its users.
6. Use Bluetooth Speakers
Another great option to consider is connecting Bluetooth speakers to your Chromebook. Bluetooth speakers come in various sizes and power outputs, allowing you to choose the one that suits your needs.
Pairing your Chromebook with a Bluetooth speaker will not only provide a significant volume boost. But also enhances the overall audio quality.
7. Update Chrome OS
Keeping your Chromebook’s operating system up to date is crucial for optimal performance. This provides audio improvements and better sound quality. Chrome OS updates often include bug fixes and enhancements that can positively impact audio performance. To update your Chromebook,
- Click on the system tray in the bottom right corner,
- Select the settings cogwheel icon, click on the “About Chrome OS” option,
- Then click on the “Check for updates” button.
Here is a video to help you –
8. Hardware Issues
If you have tried the above steps and still experience low volume, there may be a hardware issue with your Chromebook’s speakers.
In such cases, it’s advisable to contact the manufacturer’s support or take your device to an authorized service center for further assistance.
If none of these methods work, you may use an audio editing software to manually edit and enhance the audio.
If you find that the volume output of your Chromebook is insufficient, there are various methods to make it louder. By adjusting the volume settings, using keyboard shortcuts, enabling the Chrome OS equalizer, utilizing external speakers or headphones, installing volume-boosting apps, and keeping your Chrome OS up to date.
You can significantly enhance your audio experience. Experiment with these techniques to find the optimal volume level that suits your preferences and enjoy a more immersive sound while using your Chromebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Chromebook is not giving you the desired audio output even after the setting modifications. It’s now time to switch to third-party apps or external sources. If you are not satisfied with the audio quality. Try using bass enhance headphones or volume booster apps for a better experience.
If you wish to go beyond the given limit. You can download a VLC media player that lets you go up to 200%. Another volume booster such as Equalizer FX even lets you maximize volume up to 500% and beyond.
Yes, the Volume Booster app works. There are many volumes of booster app available that provides you with 100% audio satisfaction. Most volume boosters have a simple user interface to give you the best experience. They are also equipped with Presets and an equalizer bundle to give you a dynamic sound effect for your audio content.
If the volume on your Chromebook is lower than your expectations. Check the audio settings to ensure the volume is set to maximum level. If the problem persists. Try using volume booster apps to enhance the quality. It may be a hardware problem if nothing works on your Chromebook, in that case, seek technical help by visiting the service center.
Anything lower than 85db is suitable for your years. If the range goes beyond this level. It can potentially affect your hearing power.