Lightshot, as the name suggests, is a lightweight tool that can take screenshots in a jiffy. It has neat platform support—you get access to it on Mac, Windows, Opera, Chrome, Edge, and even Firefox. What more do you want from a free tool for customizing screenshots? It is the perfect tool for bloggers who often write tutorial articles or how-to guides involving apps. It allows you to capture specific actions on your screen and then mark them before using them in a piece.
This makes it easy to write about programs like Google Chrome that have many features. Meaning, without it, it’s too difficult to direct visitors’ attention simply because there’s too much stuff going around at once. The highlighting feature also helps with screenshots; just take one note or highlight some text while taking notes throughout any web browser session. That way, all those essential bits don’t get lost later. Do you know you can use different hotkeys combinations for a better experience? Here is how you can change the hotkey for Lightshot.
Change Lightshot Hotkey Within the Application
Follow these steps to customize a hotkey for Lightshot:
- Run Lightshot and go to the Taskbar.
- Click the small arrow and right-click the Lightshot icon.
- Select Options on the menu.
- Click the Hotkeys tab in the menu.
- You’ll see three options with checkboxes, namely:
- ‘General Hotkey’ with the Prnt Scrn (Print Screen) button
- ‘Instant Save of the Full Screen’ with Shift + Prnt Scrn
- ‘Instant Upload of the Full Screen’ using Ctrl (Control/Command) + Prnt Scrn
- The remainder is entirely up to you; you can assign any combination with Fn (Function), Ctrl, or Shift keys per your convenience.
The steps above allow you to configure Lightshot hotkeys on Windows and macOS. However, you can also utilize it within your internet browser software. Afterward, thanks to the tremendous features of Lightshot, you can share the finished image with your friends. Upload it to Prnt.sc, copy it, save it, or even print it directly. It’s a no-brainer; you can make things quick by changing the Lightshot hotkeys combination according to your needs.